On 29 September 2016 Indian government claimed that they conducted a 'Surgical Strike' (military operation) across the Western border with Pakistan.
- Pakistan military rejected the claim instantaneously.
- UN observers rejected the claim.
- There were inconsistencies in the narrative from various Indian state institutions.
- Some international media (BBC, The Diplomat) threw doubts against the claim.
- Former BSF soldier Tej Bahadur Yadav who was dismissed from BSF for exposing BSF's corruption on the Facebook rejected the government's claim as he was stationed in that location during the incident.
Did India conduct a fake 'Surgical Strike' across the Western border?