I've noticed newer air hand dryers sometimes have blueish LEDs on the bottom that shine light on your hands when you're drying them. One theory I've heard is that the UV light emitted by these LEDs helps to kill bacteria on your hands as you're drying. Example source:
The UVC Hand dryer has just the answer; as with many hospital operating theatres, it uses a powerful UVC light source to kill bacteria and viruses from the air that dries the hands, preventing their spread.
Is there any truth to that theory? It seems to me that neither the intensity nor the duration of exposure would be enough to make a real difference.