A common claim among holocaust denial is that if Jews were killed, the 6 million figure is grossly exaggerated. A specific claim is that
according to the World Almanac the world population of Jews increased (!) between 1933 and 1948 from 15,315,000 to 15,753,000. If the German government under Adolf Hitler had – as alleged – murdered six million Jews those losses should have been reflected in the Jewish population numbers quoted in the World Almanac.
I see a few ways to explain this:
- The source of these numbers is faulty.
- The individual numbers include or exclude certain parties, so therefore do not represent similar things.
- The numbers include converts, not just ethic Jews, and there was a massive conversion.
- There was a massive baby boom.
- Six million Jews killed is not the correct figure.
I've ordered these by likelihood, according to my opinion. If the source is faulty, what are the real world population numbers of Jews for these years? If the numbers are accurate, how is this reconciled with the six million killed figure?