In my local newspaper a little while ago, there was a full-page article (can't find an online copy) on a local dentist who uses a device called "The Light Walker", supposedly made by a group in Siberia. A wide variety of claims were made by the dentist;
- It can greatly reduce the pain of treatment,
- It can be used instead of anesthetics in some cases,
- It can even be used to cut flesh painlessly; the dentist gave an ancedote where one of his children had a lip deformation, and he was able to surgically repair it.
- Supposedly, it cost him somewhere around $200,000.
Googling "The Light Walker" brings up a massive list of claims, including
- It has a 12 watt laser with a "Quantum Square Pulse?"
- It can "treat" infections?
- It produces "photoacoustic waves"?
Are dental lasers a thing, and are they as effective as claimed?