Lemmy Kilmister is well known for his lifelong large intake of alcohol and this relates to the stated toxic effect of alcohol on his blood in 1980 (Lemmy's blood could be intoxicated by alcohol due to a daily bottle of Jack Daniel's since 1975 until 2013 unless he sobers up). In the documentary 'Live Fast Die Old', it was revealed that Ian Fraser "Lemmy" Kilmister drank a bottle of Jack Daniel's every day and had done so since he was 30 years old. A 750 ml bottle of Jack Daniels contains 28-30 units of alcohol (40% alcohol by volume) and the NHS recommends men should not regularly drink more than 3-4 units of alcohol a day.
"Acute alcohol poisoning" is a related medical term used by healthcare providers to indicate a dangerously high concentration of alcohol in the blood, high enough to induce coma, respiratory depression, or even death. Toxicologists use the term "alcohol intoxication" to discriminate between alcohol and other toxins. Per Jeffrey A. Kraut in 2008, "in addition to metabolic acidosis, acute renal failure and neurologic disease can occur in some of the alcohol-related intoxications." Statistics show 33,870 admissions were for the toxic effects of alcohol types which are common in alcoholic drinks consumed in England during 2012/13.
Per Harold S. Ballard's summary, "alcohol has numerous adverse effects on the various types of blood cells and their functions".
For example, heavy alcohol consumption can cause generalized suppression of blood cell production and the production of structurally abnormal blood cell precursors that cannot mature into functional cells. Alcoholics frequently have defective red blood cells that are destroyed prematurely, possibly resulting in anemia. Alcohol also interferes with the production and function of white blood cells, especially those that defend the body against invading bacteria. Consequently, alcoholics frequently suffer from bacterial infections. Finally, alcohol adversely affects the platelets and other components of the blood-clotting system.
However, as of 2013, Lemmy has stopped drinking Jack Daniel's for health reasons. In an interview with UK's classic rock magazine in 2013, although it's been reported that Lemmy used to drink a bottle of Jack Daniel's a day, he claims that those days are behind him. "I stopped drinking Jack Daniel's and Coke because the sugar in the Coke wasn't good for my diabetes," he said. "I don't drink much [anymore]."
Also, in another interview with Nathan Bevan in 2015, the singer says “The doctors said my blood was far too toxic for other humans,”. “They said, ‘what ever you do, don’t let him give any blood transfusions – there was all sorts of s*** in my system back in those days.” The interviewer says "But what about now Lemmy, you’re not getting any younger". The singer says “Nah, still smoke a pack and a half a day and drink a bottle of Jack,” he shrugs.