There are several topical oils that promise to speed up the growth of beards.
Here's an example of the type of product I'm talking about: Beard Growther on Amazon
About the Product
- Grow Your Beard Super Fast
- All Natural Oils
Its reviews are a ton of 5 stars as well as some middling ones, and then a lot of 1 stars as well. The typical uncommon distribution at the tails of a controversial/polarizing/too good to be true product.
However, it has so many 5 stars that I have trouble believing that they're all due to astroturfing, so I'm curious if it actually does work for some people.
Is there any truth to this?
Here are some related questions, but they are not the same:
- Does onion juice increase hair growth?
- Does heavy exercising increase beard growth?
- Does eating brewer’s yeast increase hair growth?
- Do biotin supplements increase hair growth and strength? (This one seems like it could be close, but I don't know if there is biotin in the oil.)