This diet is meant to be an updated version of the paleo diet, and it promises to give you killer abs with no exercise, eating 4,000+ KCal per day and sleeping 5 hours per night. It is also supposedly "based on science" (whereas paleo "isn't").
The photo in this post is taken under these conditions:
- I have slept less than 5 hours per night on average for 2 continuous years, on purpose, because I am busy.
- I took the photo after I landed, following 20 hours in transit from Victoria, BC to the Philippines, by way of Narita, Japan, with no sleep along the way. The Crowne Plaza bathtub is behind me!
- My grand total exercise in the last 2 years is 4 soft yoga classes completed 6 months ago, plus two five-minute kettelbell swing sessions two weeks before the photo. That’s it.
- I have eaten between 4,000 and 4,500 calories per day on average of The Bulletproof Diet for 2 years
- I used to weigh 300 lbs when I was obese
Let's say that I am very, very skeptical.
Is this a revolutionary diet, a scam, a bad joke or what else?