I've heard numerous times that eating1 a high quantity of sugar will give you a "sugar high" or "sugar buzz"
The high one gets after consuming large amounts of sugar. Also called a "sugar rush." Sugar highs cause twitchiness, spasms, and hyper excitability. Sugar highs do not last very long, and leave a person feeling drained afterwards.
Also, I've heard, that for the same reason, giving too much sugar to kids will make them hyperactive.
Hyperactivity may be caused by learning disability, an unstable home life, food allergy, food additives, excessive sugar ingestion, heavy metal toxicity, or even the need for glasses.
This sounds like bogus to me. Is there any evidence on this claim, or is it just a urban myth?
1: Please assume non-diabetics